Learn how to set boundaries, manage anxiety, and understand yourself in individual counseling.
Learn how to take care of yourself effectively.
Individual counseling at Open View focuses on your relationships with the world and people around you – including your problems. We collaborate with you to heal from the past, learn about who you are and who you can be, and develop into that self. Managing anxiety, learning about social and cultural influences on our lives, and identifying values and priorities are all part of this.
Ready to learn, heal, and grow? We can help you.
How to know if individual counseling can be helpful for you
- You feel out of touch with your self and keep saying things like “I want to feel like myself again”
- Perfectionism, guilt, and/or anxiety are running your life and making your decisions for you
- You find yourself saying “yes” to people or things when you wish you were saying “no”
- You’ve been ruminating on taking action, but can’t seem to do anything with your ideas or goals
- You frequently mention that you’re “just overthinking” something
What you can accomplish in individual counseling and therapy
- Learn how to set boundaries that teach other people how they can – and can’t – treat you
- Practice leaning in to anxiety so that it’s not control, but you are
- Develop the ability and confidence to say no when you want to say no
- Figure out what narratives are getting in the way of your growth and development, and re-write the narrative to start creating change
- Understand patterns (such as overthinking) and their influence on your mood and behavior
- Learn how to manage unhelpful and unproductive patterns and worry so that they can’t hold you back anymore
Meet your therapist: Whitney
Whitney’s candid, direct approach to individual therapy makes is a great model for setting boundaries, communicating directly, and learning how to stand up for yourself.
Meet your therapist: Megan
Megan’s approach to individual counseling is based on understanding the problems in your life, mapping their influence, and empowering you to make decisions for yourself. Anxiety, perfectionism, or guilt don’t get to make the decisions for you anymore.
How to get started with individual therapy
We know it can be intimidating get started in counseling, especially if you’ve never been before. We offer a free first session to make sure that we’re a good fit to work together and to make sure you feel comfortable getting started. You can expect the easy steps below – and feel free to ask us questions at any time!
Fill out the paperwork
We’ll send you paperwork via email so that you can review our policies and practice information before we meet. You can submit the paperwork online before your session.
Show up to your first session
Come prepared to talk about what you’re looking for in counseling, why you feel you need counseling now, and the outcomes that you’d like to work on throughout the counseling process.