You CAN set boundaries, manage tough emotions, develop confidence, and maintain healthy relationships… online.
Healing, learning, and growth – from the comfort of your own space.
Online counseling at Open View is similar to our in person counseling and therapy. We collaborate with you to craft clear, specific goals for our time together. Client goals frequently include learning how to create and maintain boundaries, breaking habits of perfectionism and anxiety, and developing healthy relationships with oneself and others.
Are you ready to heal, learn, and grow from the comfort of your own space? We’re ready for you.
How to know if online therapy could help you
- You feel that something needs to change, but have trouble figuring out just what it is
- Perfectionism and/or anxiety are running your life and making decisions for you
- You have trouble saying no to others or making independent choices
- You have a busy schedule, and it’s difficult to find a time to make it into an office
What you can accomplish in online counseling
- Learn how to set and maintain boundaries that teach other people how they can – and can’t – treat you
- Practice leaning in to anxiety so that it’s not control, but you are
- Develop the ability and confidence to say no when you want to say no
- Figure out what narratives are getting in the way of your growth and development, and re-write the narrative to start creating change
- Understand patterns (such as overthinking) and their influence on your mood and behavior
- Learn how to manage unhelpful and unproductive patterns and worry so that they can’t hold you back anymore
- Practice effective communication that helps people understand you – and helps you understand other people
Meet your therapist: Whitney
Whitney’s candid, direct approach to teen therapy is a great model for setting boundaries, communicating directly, and helping your teen be comfortable with themselves and others.
How to get started with online counseling
We know it can be intimidating get started in counseling, especially if you’ve never been before. We offer a free first session to make sure that we’re a good fit to work together and to make sure you feel comfortable getting started. You can expect the easy steps below – and feel free to ask us questions at any time!
Fill out the paperwork
We’ll send you paperwork via email so that you can review our policies and practice information before we meet. You can submit the paperwork online before your session.
Once you’ve submitted your paperwork, we’ll send you a meeting link before your session.
Show up to your first session
At session time, go to the URL that we sent you. You don’t need to download an app or anything extra. Be sure you have a quiet space!
Come prepared to talk about what you’re looking for in counseling, why you feel you need counseling now, and the outcomes that you’d like to work on throughout the counseling process.